Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Sooooo Crazy but you Gotta Love Em"



Today in Winnipeg, the weather was absolutely ridiculous! I don't recall how cold it was , but with freezing rain and the wind blowing the way it was, I HATED IT! Everyone says, "Oh Ad, your from Pittsburgh, you should be used to this." ummmm NO! haha I despise the cold weather and will never get used to it. NEVER .... EVER! haha.. My roommate (Phillip Hunt from Houston who plays Defensive End for us here) and I went to go see the movie 'Zombieland' last night. I actually enjoyed it. I learned a few things from the movie. Rule #32- Enjoy the small things in life. Rule #4-Buckle your seat belt. haha, If you get a chance and are looking for a laugh, check it out. Don't be mad at me if you don't like it though. I think it's about time that I talk about the Niece and Nephews. I'll have to start with my Princess Ava. Ladies first! Here goes and I hope you all enjoy.


Here she is -----------------------------> :) Ava is my little babygirl! You know how everyone has that spot in their heart for that "ONE" special person. Well, Ava is that person for me. (I love all my family members equally, trust me. She's my god daughter and the only girl, so I have to look out for her haha). Ava is such an intelligent little girl. About a year or so ago, I called my brother Dom to talk and BS about football or whatever it was at the time and I asked to talk to Ava. She got on the phone and I started asking her questions like I always do. When it was time to go, here's how our conversation ended. Adam says- Ok Ava, I miss you Ava says- I miss you too Adam says- I love you Ava Ava says- I love you too Adam says- Seeya (I don't like saying GOODBYES! I'll say goodbye when I know I will never see ya again) Ava says- Seeya TOO haha haha haha.. She had me laughing for days. When I'm home, Ava and I spend our nights watching 'Wizards of Waverly Place'. It's one of her favorite shows. I spent alot of time sleeping over my brothers house with Ava and I sharing her bedroom. YES, WE SHARED A PINK BEDROOM AND I'M PROUD OF IT! Each night I would never be allowed to watch my shows until she fell asleep. lol, she already knows she got me wrapped around her finger, right BF? I always tried to come to the rescue for Ava when she was having nightmares. I'm a light sleeper so I would hear her while she was dreaming so I would wake her up and make sure she was ok and let her know that "Uncle Adam would protect her". She wouldn't have anymore nightmares that night! I think I did my job! Ava is a very proud little girl who has a lot to offer to the world and I can't wait to see her grow up! I've already told her that if any boy is mean to her at any time, she better give her Uncles a call! THIS IS A WARNING GUYS, STAY AWAY HAHA. ; ) I can't wait to talk to Ava later tonight and I'll bet my life she answers the phone the same way she always does by saying, "HI, Uncle Adam" in her exciting little voice haha.




Isaiah is up next! Za (as we call him) is another intelligent kid who can make you laugh no matter how had of a day you've had. If you would just hear how genuine and true his laugh is, there's no way you wouldn't laugh with him or at least smile. He is always running around and has so much energy. It's been great to see how Za has began to like sports. The last time I was home, him and I caught football both inside and outside. I didn't even have to ask him if he wanted to either. Za has some speed in that little body of his too. He just recently started playing organized football and everyone started calling him Troy Polamalu because of his long hair that's hanging out of his helmet. When he gets older, I think he's going to be a pretty good athlete, so there's your warning. I remember one time when I watched Isaiah when he was only a few months old so that my sister Tanya could go out and enjoy herself. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. He was such a little angel at first but when bed time came, he cried and cried and cried some more. The only way he would stop was to put him in front of the mirror and let him see himself. haha. Now ladies, I think Za is going to be a little heart breaker. I just got word from my brother Nico that Isaiah is also looking out for his cousin Ava while they are in 1st grade together. It seems as though when someone messes with Ava, she tells them simply, "That's strike 1, you have 3 strikes before my cousin Za beats you up". WE STICK TOGETHER! When I talk on the phone with Za, he always says, "HUH" and "WHAT YOU SAY". He knows how to push my buttons but he gets away with it. If it weren't for that dimple he got on his face I wouldn't let things slide so easily haha. Isaiah is also an emotional guy. When my brother Alex left for Robert Morris University this fall, Za lost it. He became so sad and it broke my heart. He was crying real tears because he missed his Uncle Alex. I called Alex and let him talk to Za and he made him feel alot better after the talk. Isaiah is a tough little boy and I think he does a great job of being an older brother to Giovanni and cousin to both Ava and Dominic. I can't wait to SKYPE with him again, he's too funny! He's also turning 7 years old this Friday. They're growing up too fast and I feel as though I've missed so much by being away. I'll be back soon
though and I can't wait to play in the snow with my little homie. Happy Birthday Za!





Giovanni's turn! Gigi, to me, is probably the most relaxed and least hyper of the 4. He just seems so cool, calm, and collected. In the picture above, I think someone yelled at him and we all rush to try and save the day by consoling them. I obviously won with him haha. Giovanni is an interesting kid. The other day my younger brother Anthony called home from college to talk to the boys and my sister. My brother talked to Gigi and told him to give the phone to his mom so that he could talk to her. Gigi ran and dropped the phone, as he picked it up, he asked the phone "are you okay?" haha. This little guy is a trip. When I was home recently, I was helping my Mother watch him and his brother. Isaiah went with my Mom across the street to my Grams and I stayed at home with Gigi. Him and I just hung out on the couch, ate some candy, and watched a movie. He didn't get up once or complain he was bored at all. Gigi is now in Kindergarten and tells me that he likes it alot. He's getting smarter each and everyday and I'm looking forward to seeing his progress when i get home! If you haven't checked it out yet, you need to check my facebook page out and see my little man dance. I think that may be his calling. He is smooth and already spins and jumps and he looks cool doing it. If he could be taught a little bit, I think he could be a legit dancer. He's going to star in the movie, Step It Up 14 - GiGi Time hah haha hahah.. I got a voice message on September 9th of this month from Gigi that says, "I love you Uncle Adam, I miss you, that's all... And I love you... and I miss you so much and it's making me cry.. call me if your still up." Now if that isn't the saddest thing ever, I don't know what is. :'( It sucks having to be away from the people that mean the most to you. Girls just love Gigi. They think he's just so innocent and does no wrong! I'll quote my little nephew one last time before I move on, "Mom, I think I know why Za wanted a younger brother. . . . So that he could torture me the rest of my life." lmao! Gotta love him.




Last but certainly not least is my nephew Dominic. We all call him Nino so that's what I'll be referring to him as throughout the blog. Nino loves TRAINS! He loves Thomas and Friends. On each train, they have their own unique facial expression. I ask him to show me the expression of each and every train and he knows the exact face they make. He knows Thomas and Percy and Gordon and James and even my favorite, Diesel (http://www.myfavoritetoys.com/character_detail.php?who=diesel). He will have us latch onto his side and go around the house like we are trains on the track. He makes all the train sounds and just enjoys every second of it. The funniest thing that he does is when we play hide and seek. We will tell him to hide and we count to 20. So we will yell, "Are you ready?" and he will answer real loud, "Yes". We go around the house pretending like we don't know where he's at, even though he only hides in one spot basically every time haha. One of us will say, "Where are you Nino?" and won't you know it, he says, "I'm right here, under the table". haha, he tells us where he's hiding all the time. He's too much. Dominic was so afraid to get his haircut the last time I was home. I ended up getting this little fohawk looking thing and Nino's Mother, Jill (don't worry Jill, I got something to write about you sometime soon) brought him up right after me. I held him as he cried, fought, punched and spit all over the place. He got the fohawk just like his Uncle and he looked good. I was impressed with Eddie (Barber up at Castelucci's up in Kennedy who cuts the entire family basically). I think his fear of the barber has come and gone though and I hope i somehow helped with it. haha. One thing that I taught Nino, oh wait, 2 things that I've taught Nino that I wish I could take back would be Burping (I can make myself burp really loud and he always says, "Uncle Adam does it") and biting. I never said biting was allowed, I just always told him to bite "easy, easy, easy". Jill blames me for that. Sorry Dom! haha. Nino just turned 3 on September 28th and I missed his party last week. I know everyone enjoyed themselves because my brother Alex send me some videos from the party.

I, along with the rest of my family, am so thankful that we have these children in our lives. They've all been a blessing and I can't wait to see them grow! I'll be adding the 5th member when he/she is born sometime in May or June. Get ready for it. Hope everyone has a great day!

Anf ***


Ad

No comments:

Post a Comment