Saturday, October 3, 2009

The 4 Horsemen. . . .


What's goin on everybody..I'm already back and posting another blog..haha never thought it'd be this quick but I came up with a great idea for the next 2 and I wanted to get them started ASAP..So you see the picture above right, (OBVIOUSLY none of the female members of my family haha) but I just plan on telling you a little bit about my brothers ..Nothing too deep or too interesting (at least that's the plan), but just enough to see a side of them you might not see everyday and to show them how much I appreciate them...Tomorrow, I'll be writing about my sisters 2morrow, my mother and father the next day, and soon after that I'll tell you a little about my niece (Princess Ava) and my wild nephews...Here goes nothin. . . .

I'm going to start with my youngest brother Nico (3rd from the right, with his shirt off)... Now Nico, ladies and gentlemen, is "The Man" as he would call himself. My little brother is the joksester of the family. He's always telling me that I'm "too serious" and is constantly cracking jokes on someone or something. He tells you the truth even if it hurts. He still plays the "I'm the baby of the family" role pretty well. I can't blame him for that. Nico reads and reads and reads some more. He recently purchased the Kindle and he takes that thing with him everywhere. He read a series of 4 novels I believe in just under a week (I'll let him tell you what book he was reading exactly haha). That takes dedication, I don't know how he does it! I give him all the credit for getting me into reading (James Patterson baby...) Growing up, it was always Him and I vs. Alex and Anthony in everything. We would come out on top more often than not until they got older and bigger than the 2 of us. haha haha. Every time we are home, he wants to either play the board game Apples to Apples (I won my only time playing) or Texas Hold Em (My dad usually wins that one). When I'm home, he's the one who catches my passes when I need to throw. Without him, I don't know what I'd do. He currently is going to CCAC (Community College of Allegheny County) and is looking to transfer to another school and possibly continue to play football if his back allows him to. I have big plans for him when I get home in Mid-November. I'm going to teach him how to drive and he will be getting his license soon. TRUST ME!!! Awwwwww too bad I won't be home for his Birthday on the 21st, I had something special for him, I guess I'll take it back and get him something NEXT YEAR. Sorry bro.


Next, I'll be talking about my brother Anthony (or Tone as we all call him, he's 2nd from the left with his shirt off as well, GO FIGURE) haha. Tone is an interesting fella to say the least. He is the starting safety (#23) for The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. He is a phenomenal athlete and is really coming into his own this season with the Crusaders. He's a very intelligent guy as well. He was #2 in his High School class and is doing really well academically at such a prestigious school like Holy Cross is. (was ranked #68 best colleges in 2009 by Forbes.com, I know he will give me a better statistic once he reads this). Tone is similar to me in a lot of ways....1.) athletic 2.) intelligent haha and last but not least, 3.) SINGLE. We have a lot of in depth conversations about any and everything. He took a road trip with me from Pittsburgh back to Philadelphia when I moved into my new apartment over Christmas break. We rented a U HAUL truck and it seemed like it took forever. Him and I became even closer on that trip. We talked about sports, life, family, girls, weather, money, music, GOD, girls, food, and more girls. Tone is one of those rare guys that is going to be successful in anything he does. I'm hoping to get up to one of his games this season before they finish up. ps. Holy Cross won 42-21 today and he had 10 tackles.


My brother Alex is my 3rd brother that I'll tell you a little about. Alex (2nd from the right with his hat backwards) is a special person inside and out. You may not think Alex is as athletic as the rest of us because he's bigger but that's not the truth. Alex is a pretty good athlete. As a freshman in High School, he was the starter on our basketball team who guarded the other team's best player 95% of the time. He played all 4 years in football. He broke the school record for tackles in High School and decided to walk-on at Temple University as a Fullback. Alex is the main reason I attended Temple University. He gave the coaches there my high school highlight tape and the next thing I knew, they offered a scholarship. THANK YOU ALEX. He started at fullback as a walk-on true freshman and we became the nation's only starting Brotherly Backfield. After the season, he decided he wanted to transfer and decided to attend Robert Morris University. To say the least, he switched positions again and broke the teams single season tackle record last year. This year, he already recorded 50 tackles in the teams first 4 games. If he's not an athlete, I don't know who is. Alex and I have been through a lot together and it's amazing to me to see the things he's been able to accomplish these past few years. Alex is a big FAMILY FIRST guy. If you mess with someone that he's close to, I'm sure he's going to let you know that that's not going to fly with him. Alex is an inspiration to all of us and I see nothing but great things in his future. I already know over Christmas break he's going to FORCE me to go to the gym with him...Don't worry Al, I'm already preparing for it. Haha haha


The 4th person that I will talk about is my oldest brother Dom (far left holding his son Dominic). Dom has always been one of the people I look up to the most. He was who I wanted to be like when I was growing up. He played 3 sports and was successful in all of them. I would go to all of his games and even became the water boy on the football team. I remember one time when they were at football camp and I was the manager. They had a talent show and the guys all said I would have to perform. At the time (I believe i was 8? 9?), I was way to shy and nervous to do anything but hand out water haha. I ran to the bathroom and cried my eyes out. haha haha soft I know. I remember when he was getting recruited in high school by colleges. When he wasn't home, I would get all his recruiting letters and read them over and over. I thought it was the coolest thing that he was getting letters from all these colleges that I watched on TV every weekend. Over this past summer, when I was released by the Eagles, I joined his softball team that him and his buddies play in every Sunday. It was pretty wild that Dom, Alex, Tone, and myself were all in the same lineup (haha, Nico was watching like a proud Father in the stands). It was pretty cool. I enjoy all my conversations with Dom and believe me, he's not one to beat around the bush. Him and I enjoy the same TV shows (Psych and Monk), play fantasy football together, and I'm the proud God-father of his Daughter (my Princess) Ava. I know that I could go to Dom for anything and what more can you ask for in an older brother. I consider myself lucky to have an older brother like Dom.

I guess that's it... Hope you all enjoyed the information I shared and I look forward to my next blog....

*** anf Thanks again,

Ad





(if you have any suggestions about anything or how I can make this better, please let me know, my email is Ad13tu@gmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. I like this article/topic. Family is always a good topic to discuss. You did a good job describing all of your brothers. You made it seem realistic enough that I feel like I know them personally. I will say that your love for your family in all aspects is definitely admirable. Liking the blog ex BFF. I want to hear about AVA, and when she gets her first crush put that on here as well!!! lol

    ReplyDelete