Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"The Greatest"

I know it's been awhile, but I'm back to it and ready to finish off the Family Blog with a bang. I've had a rough stretch here up in Canada and was down on myself a little bit. MISERABLE! A couple people close to me helped me get through it and I'm back to where I need to be and ready to embrace each and every day. I got to SKYPE (Adam.DiMichele skype me) my family the other day during my nephew Isaiah's 7th birthday party. I got to see everyone. My Uncle Dave and Aunt Amy along with their kids David and Elijah. I seen my Grandma Dolly who came with my Aunt Donna and her two children, Dominic and Maria. I also got to see my Aunt Daria who was visiting from Boston. All the children were there and I even got to sing Happy Birthday to Isaiah and watch him blow out his candles. It was great. Winnipeg is on a 3 game win streak and we are tied for 2nd place in our division. 4 games left with a chance at the playoffs. UHHHH OHHHHH!! I'll keep you posted.



I guess it's about that time that I talk about the two people that solidify our family. The two people who have done more for their children than you could even imagine. The two people that have helped mold me into the person I am today. To the left, we have my my mother, Natalie "Joanie" DiMichele and to the right, my father Dominic DiMichele.

Ladies first. My Mom is an extremely intelligent woman (I think that's why I'm a smart person ; ) no offense Dad haha). If I have a question about anything, and need an answer quick, she is always right there. I'm really not the type to understand the simple things life has to offer haha haha. I recall many times where I would call her to ask what I can and can't do when washing my laundry. I have called her and asked her how to cook "eggs in the middle" (I know how to know. YES) along with many other foods. I really need to learn how she makes her pancakes. She makes them so thin yet they have this buttery taste to them and I'm really mad at myself because I definitely just became hungry! She also makes the best devil dogs (they are basically like chocolate cake with cream in the middle, seems simple. But they are anything but that). I may call her now and ask her to make me some for when I get home in November!!!!

Right now my mother is spending alot of her time taking care of her mother, my grandma Natalie. She is living right across the street from us which makes it a little easier on her but at the same time, she does so much. She is also a stay at home Grandma. She watches my brother Dom's baby boy, Dominic, a few days a week. She used to watch all of them at once before they started school. I don't know how she did it. Well she did have 7 children, so I am guessing she was pretty used to having so many children running around right? I can remember when I was in grades 5 thru 10, I would always call my Mom if i wanted to get an early release from school. I would get to her work and would know that she was going to order a Bambino pizza from Foxes for me (this usually happened with another one of my brothers as well). I used to love that! My mother is an extremely emotional woman (that's where Alex gets it from haha). I really enjoy the show "Extreme Makeover Home Edition". I can watch it all day long non-stop if it were on. I watched it at home with my mother and she just lost it. She will let those tears of hers out if she feels the need to and I've seen it quite a few times watching certain movies and TV shows. When we were younger, my Mom got us kids hooked on a few of her shows she liked to watch. Her favorites were "Murder She Wrote" and "Macgyver". I won't lie, my mother had me loving the show. Jessica Fletcher was great!!!!!!! Thanks Mom, now everyone knows I liked "Murder She Wrote" haha. When I was in tbe 4th grade I believe my mother took my brother Anthony and I to the doctors to get a check up. I have always been afraid of getting shots and she knew that. Won't you know it, I ended up needing a shot. I was nervous but I somehow didn't cry or nothing. We walked out and she started signing some papers at the front desk. I stood beside her looking at the pretzels they give you when you leave and the next thing I know I got dizzy, passed out and smashed my head off the ground knocking me unconscious. I was knocked out and when I snapped out of it and woke up she was there crying and holding me asking if I was ok. Eventhough I was in the 4th grade, thinking I was tough, the love from my mom on that day felt great!!!

My mother has worked multiple jobs in the past to help provide a better and more suitable life style for my brothers and sisters and I. With my parents, no matter how hard it got for them, they tried to make it as comfortable as possible for us. The word that comes to mind in this situation is SACRIFICE! They have made so many sacrifices for US that it's the goal of mine (and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else) to re pay them someday. It will happen one day. I promise you that.

My mother is an extremely special woman. She is the type of mother that see's only four pieces of pie for five people, and she promptly announces she never did care for pie. In life, you only get 1 mother, and I'm extremely thankful that I have Natalie DiMichele as mine! I Love You Mom!


Dominic DiMichele, my father, is the best man I know.

My dad is an extremely strong person! No matter the situation, he has never shown a weakness. That's a quality of his that I try day in and day out to perfect but I just can't. Someday? My dad has his own Painting business named DiMichele Painting. He, along with my Uncle Dino have been together painting for over 20 years. My dad knows that my brothers and I could always use some extra money so instead of hiring someone else to be part of his crew, he brings us along. I have been painting each summer with my dad since the age of 14. At first, I had no idea what I was doing and basically was the gopher. I got all the equipment they needed and set the drop cloths up for them. As I got older, I begin to learn more and more and finally I thought of myself as part of the crew. It's pretty good money and I get to work with my family. I don't know what else could be better (unless he pays me for what I'm really worth haha. JK JK). I always mess with him about moving up on the pay scale. He brings me back to reality when he asks me to go up high and paint. NO SIR! I'll take none of that! I talk to my Dad pretty much everyday first thing in the morning when I wake up. It's been that way basically since I went away to college 5 or so years ago and it's a great way to start my day off.

My dad has coached my brothers and I since I was around the age of 5. He coached us in Farm League Baseball with the Devils, Little League Baseball with the Indians, grade school basketball at St. John of God, and many summer league teams. I think it was great to have been coached by my father due to the fact that it put me in somewhat of a comfort zone but at the same time I never wanted to let him down. we had some very successful teams that he coached but he decided to retire when I hit the 7th grade I believe. He swears I never give him any credit for teaching me what I know about sports, so here it finally is Dad, "my dad taught me how to compete and made me into the athlete I am today". My parents are most definitely our biggest fans! I could always remember hearing my mom scream, "Go Adam, hit it out here baby", or even my brother Alex said he heard her screaming for her at one of his football games last year. She can cheer with the best of them. No doubt about that. My dad tries to get every single game that he can't make it to on the computer. With him, he just wants to see his children happy and enjoying themselves. Each Christmas, even with 7 kids, it seemed like we had so many gifts. I don't know how my parents did it. As I write this, I still don't understand how each year they were able to provide us with what they did. I'm Stumped! A show that my father used to have us watch when we were younger was "Bonanza". We used to watch that show all the time. My dad named each of us as each of the 3 brothers on the show and that kept us interested I think. My dad can fall asleep at any time during the day. He takes naps at the most awkward times but his weird sleeping habits do have him awake at around 4/4:30 a.m each morning doing laundry or cleaning the house. I don't know how someone can function throughout the day waking up that early but my dad does it! I don't think I will ever become half the man my father is. The way he puts family first at all times is something I noticed at a young age and has been the focal point in how I live my life now and how I will raise my family one day. Dom DiMichele is the person I look up to the most and the one I go to when times get rough. He's been through everything I've been through and some. Thanks for everthing Dad. Your the best! Man, I can't wait to get home in mid-November. Ps. Dad, get the HAMMER ready! Alex and Tone keep getting stronger, we need to team up. Me, you, and Nico!!!

My parents have been married for 32 years. That's 11,688 days together. High School Sweethearts! GOD WILLING I WILL BE WITH SOMEONE THAT LONG! Thank you both for everything you have done for us. We will never be able to show you how much we appreciate all the sacrifices you have made together, but we will try! Family4Ever!
MY MOTIVATION!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment